Legend Real Estate & Finance seeks an Accounting Manager based at company headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
Job duties include:
- Apply accounting and financial principles in analyzing real estate markets and investment opportunities to support employer’s business decision-making and client presentation.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze internal accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to the internal reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts according to accounting principles.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice to company management.
- Report to management regarding company finances.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems internally, making use of current computer technology.
- Advise company management about issues such as resource utilization, tax trends, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Maintain and examine internal records for tax compliance.
- Coordinate with CPA and bookkeepers, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Develop understanding in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, in order to advise company management.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and coordinate their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
Position requires a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a closely-related field, plus at least 18 months of relevant work experience in examining financial records, managing accounting data, and coordinating tax reporting with CPA and bookkeeping personnel in the real estate industry. Send resume to J. Li, President, Legend Real Estate & Finance, 3375 Scott Blvd Suite 306, Santa Clara, CA 95054.”
Legend Real Estate & Finance seeks an Analytical Strategist based at company headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
Job duties include:
- Formulate mathematical and simulation models of housing market in the San Francisco Bay Area, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Conduct various quantitative analysis on real estate markets and investment opportunities to support company’s advice to clients, client presentation, and corporate decision-making.
- Develop and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret housing market data that assists management with decision making, transactional recommendations, and other managerial functions.
- Responsible for updating and monitoring company’s client and sales database, actively monitoring market trend and sales potentials.
- Update the programming of company’s internal system, so that the listing information will tend to reach interested clients and enable further transaction.
- Analyze the housing market and relevant data, generating reports, charts, models, etc. accompanied by application and analysis, so that we may utilize her research to attract interested clients, expand into new markets, represent buyers/sellers in securing the sale, etc.
- Support company agents, managers, other professional staff in presentation and transaction, by generating reports/charts/models and providing analysis, utilizing the specialized knowledge of algorithm, data analysis, etc.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating transactional problems and recommending solutions.
- Specify manipulative or computational methods to be applied to models. Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
- Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Analyze housing data and information obtained from management to conceptualize and define best practices, and recommend to management.
- Break systems into their components, assign numerical values to each component, and examine the mathematical relationships between them.
Position requires a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a closely-related field, plus at least 1 year of relevant work experience in analyzing sales data and managing sales database with knowledge of mathematical and simulation models, in the real estate industry. Send resume to J. Li, President, Legend Real Estate & Finance, 3375 Scott Blvd Suite 306, Santa Clara, CA 95054.”
Rental Property Manager.
Legend Real Estate & Finance seeks a Rental Property Manager based at company headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
Job duties include:
- Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of residential properties for property owners/clients, including single family houses, townhouses, condominiums, apartment buildings, etc. in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for residential properties.
- Direct collection of monthly assessments, rental fees, and deposits and payment of insurance premiums, mortgage, taxes, and incurred operating expenses.
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- Act as liaisons between tenants and property owners (clients).
- Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
- Market vacant space to prospective tenants through leasing agents, advertising, or other methods.
- Maintain records of taxes, contracts, rental and usage activity, special permits issued, maintenance and operating costs, and property availability.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of service vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Meet with clients to negotiate management and service contracts, determine priorities, and discuss the financial and operational status of properties.
- Solicit and analyze bids from contractors for repairs, renovations, and maintenance.
- Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services, such as cleaning, maintenance, and security services.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems, following management rules and regulations.
- Maintain contact with insurance carriers, fire and police departments, and other agencies to ensure protection and compliance with codes and regulations.
- Represent clients to discuss and resolve legal and environmental issues or disputes between neighbors.
- Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following government regulations.
- Confer with community association, if any, on behalf of clients.
- Negotiate the lease of property and complete or review appropriate documents and forms.
- Clean common areas, change light bulbs, and make minor property repairs.
- Understand legal authorities and ensure that renting and advertising practices are not discriminatory and that properties comply with state and federal regulations.
- Follow company’s rental management policies and practice, and recommend necessary updates.
- Coordinate with company’s financial staff in preparing budgets and financial reports for properties, and advise clients on profitability.
- Review rents to ensure that they are in line with rental markets, profit expectation, and local regulations.
- Periodic traveling is needed to the rental properties in Santa Clara County and nearby cities for inspection, open-house, client appointment, etc. Travel is likely within 1-hour of car driving.
Position requires a high school diploma, plus at least 2 years of relevant work experience in client communications, marketing, and reviewing sales or business data of client accounts to ensure profitability. Send resume to J. Li, President, Legend Real Estate & Finance, 3375 Scott Blvd Suite 306, Santa Clara, CA 95054.”